Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Belgium and other FoCo awesomeness



Today is my last day in my hometown of Fort Collins, Colorado!  I got to see some old friends from high school and I'm definitely remembering that Fort Collins isn't just a great city for the stuff that's in it, but also for the people there (and the people who consider it home even if they don't live there anymore).

Those that know me, know that I am not a big beer drinker (or really much of a drinker at all).  BUT when home I definitely take some time to enjoy some New Belgium - yes friends, Fat Tire is brewed just down the street from my house for your enjoyment! AND to make it even cooler (cause really being in FoCo makes it cool enough) the entire brewery is run on wind energy!

I got this picture off the Post Secret Blog...  Notice the Fort Collins, CO beer and wind energy!

This might help contribute to Fort Collins' most recent national ranking of 3rd smartest medium sized city in sustainability.  Check out The Fort Collins Blog  !
  
Just 3 years ago Money Magazine ranked us the best small city to live in.  (And we've moved from a "small" city to a "medium" city in just 3 years...)  Check out this clip from CNN on Fort Collins' first place ranking!
 .

I love Salt Lake City, but I always miss Fort Collins just a little... stop by for a visit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment